An uncomfortable amount of personal information about us the text messages we send often reveal. However, the iPhone, at least in the default settings, does little to keep our conversations private. On your iPhone, if you want to hide confidential text messages then go to the Settings menu. Also, you can download a privacy-oriented text application from the App Store depending on the privacy you want.
- 1 How to Hide Text Messages on iPhone :
- 1.1 Hide alerts for new messages :
- 1.2 How to stop receiving SMS notifications :
- 1.3 Stop notifications from one person :
- 1.4 FAQ: Hide Text Message in iPhone
How to Hide Text Messages on iPhone :
The first thing to do is to make sure you have a password set on your iPhone. You probably already have this as it is a default setting on newer iPhones.
- Go to Settings> Touch ID and password> Activate password. If you already have an access code, but the person you want to keep out of your messages knows, change your access code.
- To do this, go to Settings> Touch ID (or Face ID) and Passcode> Change passcode. You must enter your old access code before creating a new one.
- And if it’s easy to guess, ANYONE can access your iPhone. You can choose from six numbers.
This will prevent someone else from unlocking your iPhone, but it won’t prevent them from seeing an alert if you receive a new text message.
Hide alerts for new messages :
- Go to Settings> Notifications and scroll down to find Messages.
- You will continue to receive an alert, but the content of the text will remain private. as shown, it will only read “iMessage” instead of giving you a preview of the message.
How to stop receiving SMS notifications :
- Go to Settings> Notifications and tap Messages Deselect Allow notifications.
- Now when a message arrives, there will be no warnings. There won’t even be a red bubble on the Messages app icon that warns you that there are new messages.
- To find out if you have a new message, you need to open Messages. Then you will see a blue dot next to any conversation with updates. The problem with this method is that it prevents you from receiving new message alerts.
- This could mean the lack of important updates. Fortunately, you can choose to stop notifications from one person or a group message chain.
Stop notifications from one person :
- Go to Settings>Notifications. Until finding a message scroll down.
- In the Messages section, select Allow notifications (if you disabled it in the previous step). Now open the Messages app and find the conversation you want to mute.
- Open the message thread. Tap (i) in the upper right corner. You have chosen to hide the warnings.
Now you won’t see an alert if you get a message in that message thread. If you open Messages, you will see that there is a do not disturb icon on the crescent moon next to the conversation. You can still see the last message and you can open that thread.